Today. Today started out great, because its always a good day to have a good day...when you've all slept well the previous night :)
The good news is that Dr Holly is still working on getting Nivo through the 'compassionate use' line of things. So, there is still hope we won't have to travel. The only downside is that Siri will be mad at me because she really wants to be in Cali for her fav cousin Kate's birthday mid April. I'll make it up to her somehow.
It was fun to have company on our visits today. Jane had an audiology appt and Ruby a follow up chest x ray from surgery. And I love the chance to go to Riverton Primarys. Nice to have Liz sit with each girl while the other took their turn. Ruby did great in the xray, a few tears because who wouldn't feel so vulnerable with their shirt off, arms in the air, giant lasery light machine pointed at them? Lungs are looking repaired from surgery, but still all spindle cell tumor filled. blah.
Jane loved her appointment and I was super impressed by her doctor. I didn't catch her name, but she connected so well with Jane and has a way with kids. I've been worried about Jane's hearing. She asks 'what?' aaaaaalot. Enough that its buggin, but I don't want to be bugged if its because she really can't hear me. She passed the test, which is great. Has a little negative pressure in one ear, but likely from a cold (aka kids during winter time). There could be other issues, but I'm not going to pursue anything unless I see other signs of concern.
Millie's Princess Foundation got a photographer, Jen Fauset, to come do our family photos today. Mark took a few extra too (which are the ones here on the blog today). I'm very much one to not put effort into matching or having up to date clothes, but it was worth it for the pictures. Thankful for my people and our home.
Easter Sunday
So many highlights today, financial donations from close ones and strangers, a friend who dropped off Indian take out for me for lunch, a walk around the block with the girls and seeing an old friend. You people are the best. We could NOT be doing this, with this much hope and peace, without you (no pressure or anything ;)





No comments:
Post a Comment