Wednesday, March 30, 2016

"I stayed in my bed a lot"

I told Ruby I'd pay her a dollar if she'd stay in bed last night. She's been up at least once a night, sometimes 5, ever since the day after we got home from her biopsy.  She earned her dollar, but the bummer was that I didn't sleep well. Hoping for a better night tonight :)

Went to the Living Planet Aquarium with  the girls and Emily friend who got us tickets. Has anyone else felt like they were going into a trance while in there? Its all warm and dark and lots of slow walking.  The shark tank was very cool though.

2 surprises today. Dr Holly said that they could get Ipilumomab through our insurance. Yay, but not yay because that really isn't what we want her to have. After talking with Holly, then Dr Mackall we knew that wasn't the best choice as it doesn't have the best track record and has worse side effects than Nivo.  So, we continue with our decision to go to Cali. 
Surprise 2 I had no idea that Ruby's care in California had not been preauthorized. Meaning, Select Health only covers the state of Utah...unless what is here can't provide what she needs. Then we get permission to go elsewhere, but still have her covered.
The afternoon, like 3 + hours of the afternoon, was spent on the phone/email trying to get the right people from Primarys, Stanford, and Select Health to get their acts together. Blah, it was just very draining.Its not all set, but I'm going to assume it will be fine.

You know you have a solid friend when she's the one that is 38 weeks pregnant and bringing you dinner. Thank you :)  My mom came and planted flower pots, the young women in our ward brought over a freezer meal, a friend shopped for me and got a few clothes so we could have cute family pictures tomorrow, er, at least our clothes will be cute. P.S. let's all just agree to have real pictures done once every 5 years, it will make life easier. Thank you. 

These are just a few of the acts of kindness that happened today. Life is good.




No comments: