Liz watched the childrens while Mark and I went to dinner
cookies and milk
delicious hot shmoes
"when I drink it makes my head broken"
(I think she means a brain freeze from her smoothie)
We drove home back to reality, and back to a clean house (thank you). The girls got to go play at their beloved cousin Leah's, and I got to go to the gym, make dinner, and visit with a friend. Mark and I went to high school with her. Right now she, too, is fighting melanoma. It was nice having a conversation where we understood the same things...life with scans, and drugs, and the little things, the joys and sorrows. She brought a some gifts, including awesome bracelets and some lotion, that made me cry. see picture.
Tomorrow morning is her pet scan. I was very hopeful she wouldn't have to be sedated for this, but the nurse called back and said she'd need to hold still for up to 45 minutes. Probably for sure not likely with a 3 year old, so sedation it is. I really super don't like when she's sedated. I imagine her body's tolerance level is going up, because the last 3 times she has woken up and had to be given more drugs to get her back to sleep. Then she's all grumpified and off balance afterward. Not our fav, but I really want this scan to happen for 2 reasons. First, to make sure the nightmare called cancer is really there. I told a friend today, it seems like we're faking cancer. I mean look at her, she's fine! Out of sight, out of mind. But if/when I see her scan tomorrow verify the cancer, that may be hard.
And second, to be able to compare past and future scans. Maybe we'll see big or little differences, this will help be a guide.
3 comments:
Her brain freeze comment. dying!
And I need to look at her beans book. Haven't seen it yet.
I love you and we're here for you, whatever you need. Love you guys.
Good luck with your scan today Miss Ruby! We pray for you night and day! And since we've been talking about you so much Greta asks to play with you every day. Sending our love your way sweet girl!!!
I am so happy I got to see you two face to face! Not happy I made you cry, but at least it was a sweet cry ;)
You've got this, remember one day at a time, sometimes one hour, one minute and sometimes 10 seconds. In the words of Kimmy Schmidt, you can do anything for 10 seconds! <3
Post a Comment