It's Sunday and its a nice day. Ruby's been doing good. Ruby is taking a nap. Church was fun. Yesterday, we watched a show with Kris (who rents our basement). We played at our cousin Sam's house (while Ruby was at the hospital Friday).
K Siri's done, she got distracted by videos on Kris' phone of her cute granddaughter.
Ruby woke up about four thousand times Friday night. Lucky for me, Mark was her waking victim. I did get a wake up from Jane who said her feet hurt (maybe from the long walk with Grandma). I gave her some tylenol and massaged her feet. Last night Beans did much better. She is very sensitive to anyone touching the 3 electrode things still stuck to her. The nurse after surgery didn't take them off, and when we went
to clinic, Ruby was so done with people touching her that I told them not to bother and I'd do it at home. Well, yeah, I don't want to be the bad guy either. She has a bandage on her neck and over her port, which she is very protective of. She won't move her neck like normal-partially discomfort I'm sure, but maybe a big mental block too.
There were a few things I should have done yesterday, but didn't want to. Today, I don't regret it. Spent time with people we love and visiting. Watching a movie in the middle of the day. Jane had a soccer game. Mark and I just love seeing her play. She scored a few goals and had fun. While Ruby napped, Siri and Jane went to Get Air with their favorite cousin and his fiance. They are pretty much the best couple ever, maybe because they remind me of me and Mark exactly 11 years ago;)
My sister's brother in law, Aaron Stevenson, who is a radiologist drove down from Layton to go over Ruby's images with us. Nice to be in a personal setting with someone who has a different perspective and time to help us understand what we're looking at. It was helpful. I told him that sometimes its hard to be making Ruby go through all this when she acts just fine! Seeing 40 tumors in her lungs in the images reminds us that we need and want to be doing what we can to help her.
p.s.the oversized stuffed zebra-best pet ever
My sister's brother in law, Aaron Stevenson, who is a radiologist drove down from Layton to go over Ruby's images with us. Nice to be in a personal setting with someone who has a different perspective and time to help us understand what we're looking at. It was helpful. I told him that sometimes its hard to be making Ruby go through all this when she acts just fine! Seeing 40 tumors in her lungs in the images reminds us that we need and want to be doing what we can to help her.
p.s.the oversized stuffed zebra-best pet ever
Please know that I would want a thank you card like this to be in every one of your mailboxes!
No comments:
Post a Comment