Sunday, April 3, 2016

I love being all together

Friday night I got together with some friends I've had since high school. Nice to be with them, thankful for their love and friendship. Even the tender prayer said over dinner, a simple mention of blessing Ruby, brought me to tears. These girls really love me, they love my family and Ruby, and they love God. I had mentioned a few weeks ago how much I had loved this print.
















I loved it for what it meant to those women I know that have had miscarriages, lost babies and children. Never did I picture it as a gift of comfort to myself. As I was getting ready to go, they hand me a gift, and warned me I might cry. I opened this beautiful picture and set my head in my hands and sobbed. So many emotions when I first looked at it. Its on my nightstand. It reminds me of the incredible experience motherhood is, and to be grateful for it and my girls.

Saturday I woke up and went for a run. I used to run more often, but not much the last year or two. Let's just say my calf muscles are still a lil sore today :) I loved being outside while listening to gospel related things. When I got back I noticed a bouquet of flowers anonymously left on the front porch. A ray of sunshine :) Thank you.
Girls went to Aunt B's while Mark and I did work around the house. Liz and I took Jane and Ruby skiing.  I would never consider taking any children of mine on the lift her first time skiing (the only time Ruby had been in skis was at the park for about 10 minutes in January). But, we made an exception and she loved it. My legs were burrrrrning, because I was basically carrying her in a snowplow the whole way down. Worth it.


love her
Siri didn't want to go, so she stayed home and read. She loves loves loves to read. Just finished Matilda and onto book 9 & 10 of the Magic Treehouse series. I love that she loves to read. Sometimes I have to pull her outside to play, and once she gets out she loves that too.
Mark spent (way too much) time making homemade hazelnut ice cream. We got a bag of hazelnuts from a neighbor's tree. Between the cracking, toasting, soaking, then actually making of the ice cream, he was a tad disappointed when the ice cream maker he was using failed. He got a different one that worked, yet the ice cream wouldn't cream into ice cream. He ended up sticking it in the freezer in a dish. We had it today and it was delicious.

This morning we woke up to a friend dropping off a smoothie. How did she know that was just what I was thinking about making...she  made the smoothie and drove it all the way over to our house (a solid 20-30 minute round trip). All for a smoothie for us. People are so kind. SO KIND! 

We took a walk before General Conference started. Beautiful day today. I didn't catch all of Conference, but appreciated what I did hear...hello Paul V. Johnson's talk :)  I set up a table and things for the girls to do. They can earn fake money to spend at the 'store'.


And now we are having a lil staycation in Park City (thanks to a kind person), and enjoying doing nothing. We've never all stayed in a hotel before and the girls think its pretty awesome :) So do I, this place is really nice! Swimming, movies, lounging, and the park are on the agenda for tomorrow.
p.s. if I left my black sunglasses at your house let me know, can't find them anywhere!



Its been a strange weekend-being able to relax because doctors/businesses are closed, but feeling like there is  lot to do, but its all on hold...and now to be vacationing at the beginning of the week...I'm trying to enjoy it and not feel like I need to be busy. I do hope to get some calls from insurance and/or Stanford and the mechanic (for our van) tomorrow.   It's still up in the air if we'll be able to get Nivolumab straight from Bristol-Meyers Squibb to Primary's, or if insurance will cover for us to go to California. I assure you I'll update when we find out!

1 comment:

Carole Hansen said...

Have so much fun in Park City! Sure love you people. xoxox