It's already been a week. Or maybe its only been one week?
I spent all morning and some of the afternoon at the hospital today. Ruby's face is still really puffy from the biopsy surgery yesterday, she can't even open her eyes. She's still on oxygen, hopefully she can get off it today or tomorrow. Her hematocrit level was 44 before surgery, after it was 30 and today it is 36 (which is good). Her heart rate has been a little higher as her body is working to make up for the lost blood.
They gave me the go ahead to breastfeed which is awesome...but she wasn't having it, at least not today. I'll try again tomorrow.
I was happy to be there with her. I held her for about an hour and a half, until my tail bone started to hurt :) Took a break to eat, then went back to be with her.
When I got home Siri and Jane each had an envelope in the mail from Primarys. Hard not to get teary while reading it:
![]() |
| a pic of Ruby and note taped up on the wall by Jane's crib |
Thank you for the LOVE!
![]() |
| notes from the kids in my primary class |
![]() |
| Great Harvest gift basket from our fav neighbors in Holladay |






No comments:
Post a Comment