Saturday, March 9, 2013

good and new

Tried to sleep in...Jane was up bright and early. Mark got them up while I lay in bed a while longer. I hope the dark morning tomorrow from daylight savings will keep her quiet longer tomorrow :)

We took the girls to Kerrah's house for a hair cut. Thank you Kerrah!  Then off to Siri's soccer game. She didn't exactly play, but at least she stayed on the 'field' (its indoor on a basketball court with plywood walls to cage them in). If any of you have advice on what to do when your kid won't try anything new  because they're too scared, let us know!  It was only her 2nd game, but she was sobbing "I don't want to play!".  We got a heart wrenching text on our way home about a friend who is pregnant. Their baby isn't going to make it and I just started crying. I am so sorry for them. In turn it made me more grateful for my life and my kids.


Went home for lunch and a rest. But first, we learned that Siri has taught Jane how to get out of her crib. Mark put Jane down and a few seconds later Jane opens the door "Hi dad!". I guess its a good thing since I'm not supposed to lift anything heavy :) Mark spent that time working out in the yard. We need to get some seeds planted. It's going to be such a nice week!  I had a good visit with my neighbor I've missed. She just had a stinkin' cute baby boy so its fun to be moms of newborns together.

As soon as Jane got up from her snooze we picked up Meagan (friend/neighbor/RS pres) and went to see Ruby. Meagan played with the girls while we held our littlest turkey. Not only did Ruby open her puffy little eyes, but I also nursed her and she did great!  I had to bug her to stay awake, but she stuck with it for 20 or 30 minutes. The nurse today, Tami, was really cute and a lactation nurse came just in time to give me tips on feeding Ruby. Mark and I also did 'Kangaroo care'...holding her skin to skin. I'm used to just holding her on her side on the boppy that it was so nice to have her upright on my chest. Ruby still needs oxygen, but not much. She already weighs just over 7lbs!

Tomorrow I need to take some clips to put in her 'hair'...she always has her gauze headwrap thing going on and can't have the usual bow glued to her hair so I'll get a clip they can take on and off when they change the gauze each day.


While we were at the hospital our neighbor brought us dinner and we all ate in the cafeteria. She brought cute bags of goodies for the girls and an outfit for Ruby.  We are spoiled!  We came home to a huge box of food on our porch, a package from a friend for Siri and Jane, and a neighbor stopping by with fresh beignets.  Spoiled again!  We also got a rebate from Questar for doing our attic insulation. Added bonus :)

I know I say this every time, but we are so grateful for all the love and help we are receiving. It is making this part of our lives so much easier. To be able to focus on our kids (and resting), instead of money or grocery shopping, is such a blessing.

3 comments:

Dan and Liz said...

Oh my word, that picture of her with he eyes open. Adorable and I just want to squish her!

Melissa Bryner said...

Ali and Mark,

She is beautiful! Such a perfect little angel. Congrats on another girl to add to the drama. 3 weddings:) Ha! Ha! That's how Jason always looks at it, but we wouldn't change it for the world. Girls are the BEST!!!! Mark, Jason is really good at tilling and planting. I am volunteering his service to plant seeds for you. We need to do ours also, so this will motivate him. Please let us know if this is ok, and we will find a time this week to get over and plant. Ali, just send me a text:) Take care!

heidi and tom said...

She looks JUST LIKE YOU. I love her.