Jane Jane Jane...tiny babies are kinda scary. She has fully fountained up two full feedings, all over me and her, today. It makes me so nervous when they're tiny. She has a stuffy nose too. Mark has been gone all day shooting life events...two funerals and a wedding (hopefully he'll be home by 11pm). Things are just harder when you're alone. I think oftentimes "How did my mom do it?!" Many thanks to LizDanSam who came and kept us company and brought yummy dinner. We enjoyed watching 'Wipeout' too, so funny.
As for her 2 week appt, I'm glad to say Jane is
not the biggest loser. My little champ gained a pound and is now a solid 9lbs. The pediatrician says maybe I'm producing whipping cream as opposed to skim milk :). She's proportionate though-height, weight and head size all between 75-85 percentile. Most newborn outfits (like the pink one below) are too short though and she can't stretch her legs straight so we've moved on to 3month clothes.


We bundled up and went on a long walk today. Jane in the bjorn, Siri in the stroller. It was pretty warm actually and nice to get out. It's no beach, but at least the sun was shining.
I love that Siri is not only my daughter, but my friend. I appreciate more now the time alone I get to spend with her. Last night we went to get ice cream (she went #2 in the potty!). When we sat down at the booth she held out her ice cream cone to me and said "Cheers Mom". Love her.

Yesterday I went running outside for the first time in months. Oh it made me so happy! I told Mark that besides getting more sleep, exercise is the next thing that can make me feel better.
1 comment:
Girl your amazing 2 weeks out from having a baby and already running! you go girl!!
Post a Comment