Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Dr.Grimmer and the dentist

Dropped Siri and Jane off with Grandma Sandy then hurried to Ruby's appt with Dr.Grimmer. What was I thinking? Be on time for a 9am appt?  I was close at least.  

She's up to a whopping 10lbs now.  He took a look at her and said he didn't need to see her until the MRI in July.  So the appt was as I thought it would be...boring. Which is good. When your kids health is boring, that is really really good.  He said we'll keep waiting as long as possible to do surgery (he mentioned 2 or 3 years) and I'm ok with that.  Her mass hasn't grown much, at most 1cm. 

After her appt Ruby and I visited Grandmother Thackeray. We chatted, and walked around her garden. She is a strong, lovely, independent woman, but has been alone since her husband died in 1996. I wish we lived closer so we could visit and help her more often. She keeps amazing tabs on her kids, grandkids, and greatgranchildren.  

Yesterday I took Siri and Jane to the dentist. The only thing worse than hearing you have cavities, is hearing that your kids have cavities (I just got two filled last week).  Siri has 3 and I'll have to take her for 2 separate appts to get them filled. Wish those baby teeth could just fall out right now, that'd be great.
Burg pediatric dentistry does a great job

Mothers day was great since it really did feel like a special day. It was te first time Ruby had been to church. Mark was out of town in the morning so it took much preparation on my part to get all 3 girls and myself ready and on time since I'd never done it before. Mark cleaned while I relaxed. We had dinner at my mom's. I ate chocolate cake with strawberries and whipped cream and took a snooze on the couch with Ruby (that never happens).  A lovely day I tell you.  I told Siri she could be a mom when she grows up. 
Siri: I want to be an anesthesiologist. 
I told her she could be both (her Aunt Liz...we call her Aunt Zaza is an anesthesiologist, and a mom). 
Siri:What do I have to do?
Me: Go to school and learn a lot. Then you'll work at a hospital and help people and have money.
Siri: If I be an anesthesiologist will you give me a taffy?
Me: Uh, yeah
Siri: Will you give me a whole bag of taffy?!
Me: Yes, of course.
Siri: Will I get a hundred money?
Me: Yes, and probably more


jane lily gracie maylee vanessa siri
last minute sprinkler party this afternoon


1 comment:

kimntwins said...

You have just the cutest family ever.. I love reading your blog!