Saturday, May 25, 2013

8 year anniversary: May 26, 2005

We are getting old, but distinguished.
Instead of having a hot date and a night at a fancy hotel, we did yard work and gave the girls baths.
Instead of going out to eat at a super expensive restaurant, we went to Harmons and had delicious food from the deli, salad bar, and bakery (really, I'd rather do that than blow 2-3x as much at a restaurant).
Instead of spending money on frivolous gifts, we will spend time with each other and our family.
And we love it *
*of course who wouldn't want to get away for their anniversary, but we understand there is a time and season for everything and this year is a time to be home.

Happy E I G H T years Mark. 
Remember that one time...
We made out instead of going to class?  I got grounded from staying at your house too late? We made tapes for each other while you were on your mission? We kissed for the first time in 2 years? We used to turn the heat off to save money and then wear our coats while we ate cold cereal for breakfast? We camped at Lake Catherine? We kept a spray bottle and comb in the car to fix our hair while on the way to work after skiing/snowboarding all morning? We did the Spudman and tried to fit that huge blow up mattress in the tent?  We went to Italy?  You made up this gem? We were unsure what you should do about work? We both knew we should start a family? We knew Siri's name should be Siri?  I cried in the Orlando airport so they'd let us short cut through security so we wouldn't miss our flight? We watched fireworks from the trampoline? We didn't know how we'd pay the bills? We lived in a basement so big we could play soccer down there? We first saw the Tortellini house? We had blessings overflowing with the birth of girl #3?
I'll never forget our love and will enjoy it as it changes and grows.



4 comments:

Markus said...

Why yes I do my love. Makes me think of...
that time we were in a fight/you were crying and I was mad/ until I blasted a resounding fart (love never smelled so sweet).

Or possibly the famous "plant and pivot" instructional how-to at Litza's...

or "the mistress of the house" at my parents' old house

...the unimaginable amount of orange juice I consumed at your parents'

...creating super-cool, uber-unique, oversized birthday cards

...telling you that we would get married after our third time hanging out

...last-minute trip to Canyonlands

...endless amounts of love-crazed poems & notes

...me claiming that your neighbor's roses were destined to be on your window sill

...carrot cake pancakes

...first and second trip down south to South Carolina (http://ambphotocompany.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/08/gettin-our-south-on-in-south-carolina.html)

...finishing each other's thoughts (and desserts)

...throwing apples at the deer who ate our 'maters'

...my feeble attempt at boston cream pie AND red velvet cake

...musical serenades on the guitar

...attending the Counting Crows concert

...believing in me and my abilities

..."Max!!" "Hello Jerry"

...and FINALLY not having to drop you off at night.

To us.

Gordon Hansen said...

Two of my most favorite people. Love you kids!!! So glad you're married to each other:)

Gordon Hansen said...

Haha that's from Carole. Sorry! Although Gordon thinks you guys are pretty stellar too:)

The Jacksons said...

Too cute.