I'm tired. I remember that this newborn phase is so short, and then I tell myself that multiple times through the day so I can appreciate this time of our family's life. I don't know if its from the c-section, less sleep, or not working out for a month, but around late afternoon I get the aches through my back/neck/head. I sure hope I can get out of this funk after I'm cleared to exercise again. With all of us home too I haven't been very patient with Siri and Jane. I feel like I'm always telling them to stop this or that (especially screaming/crying/yelling). A benefit of having Ruby in the NICU was that I had time to recover from that brutal c section. Now that she's home I can go through the newborn phase and feel better than I did a month ago.
The saying "It takes a village to raise a child" has never been more true. Our families and neighborhood are helping raise and feed our family right now and I can't imagine what it would be like without them. Well, I can, and its very depressing.
Mark left about 45min after we brought Ruby home to go shoot a wedding in DC. My mom and Liz helped out at night, so glad to not be alone! He got back Sunday morning and already last night was much better with him here. I'm still pumping and giving her a bottle, so I'm thankful he can get up to feed her at night too. Easter was beautiful. Wasn't that weather perfect? Awesome neighbors took the girls to church, and when they got back we had baskets for them. Some "mystery easter bunny" person left them tons of princess stuff too. Like, dreamcomtrue for a 2&4 year old, princess stuff. 2 the same of everything which was perfect. An Ariel swimsuit, ribbon twirlers...they. loved. it. The person also left gifts for baby Ruby and a giftcard which I want to use toward a new baby monitor. With Ruby how she is I'm much more uptight about checking on her all the time. If you have suggestions on a good digital/video fancy monitor let me know.
And the place I took my laptop to couldn't help me, said the hard drive was too banged up. I'm having another person look at and hope hope hope they can recover my pictures!!
Dr.Grimmer called today. My eyes lit up and I answered. Mid conversation his phone battery died...uhhh....but he called right back.
The pathologist got back to him.
I'm glad my geneticist brother in law braced me when he said he'd be surprised if the knew what it was. So when Dr.Grimmer said that exact thing, I wasn't surprised. Disappointed I guess. We're hopeful someone will just know how to help her. Pretty sure each time we have to change the wrapping on her head I say "I hate this". And its true.
How about that mass just falls off, how about that? That would be great, thanks.
But since that's not likely we will wait while they sent the biopsy to a doctor at Harvard. He may want another biopsy sample, but Dr.Grimmer is trying to avoid that if at all possible because he knows how much blood she could lose. So we will hope and pray they don't have to do another biopsy (in which they'd probably take multiple samples) and if they do, Ruby will be able to withstand it.
p.s. With your first kid you feel really good just to have taken a shower and done some laundry. With your third, you forget to even take a shower.
3 comments:
Three is hard. I have a very vivid memory of me sitting in bed while all three crying just thinking how much I hated that moment. It gets easier, I promise!
:) i never shower... gross, i know. been reading your blog and looking at pictures of your THREE beautiful girlies! congratulations! our thoughts and prayers are with all of you! hugs from oregon! love, tyler & michelle & family
I lost all my photos when my hard drive crashed last year and the IT guy at Dan's work recovered them. You had a lot of offers for ideas to recover a hard drive so I didn't mention it before, but if guy #2 doesn't work and you want to try Nick, the guy that saved my hard drive, let me know!
Post a Comment