Sunday, July 27, 2008

Spudman Triathlon



My sister Jenn convinced me to do the Spudman triathlon with her in 2003. I've been doing it ever since! This year was the 4th time Mark and I have driven up to Burley, Idaho together for the event, only this time we did it as a team with some of his family (Milt, Sandy, Anne, Steph).


~Team Thunder~

We've been training to do the swim portion of the race, it was nice to just focus on one event. We drove up Friday afternoon (after meeting with our new tenant in Ogden-yes!). Saturday morning the weather was perfect-nice and warm, the water (Snake River) was smooth and a great temperature (no wetsuit needed...I probably couldn't fit in one anyway).


Sandy getting ready to run

We were the last wave of swimmers to go. We were in the water with 30 seconds until start. After another minute they asked us to swim to the side and they'd have to re-start us. We found out it was because a swimmer from the previous wave never made it out of the water. They announced they had found the swimmer and would be canceling our wave for the swim portion. (he had drown, a really freak accident Here is the article).

The rest of Mark's family still got to do the bike and run, they were awesome!






Although we didn't get to compete in the swim, it was still a great trip. I am so impressed with the great shape Mark's parents are in! Having the goal to do the swim really motivated me to stay in shape so far this summer which I'm sure has been a huge reason I've felt so good.


2 comments:

Hinton Family said...

You are so cute with your belly. I love that you have stayed in such great shape. I am trying to make up for it now since when I was prego I stopped running. Anyway, it looked like a lot of fun.

Thackeray's said...

You have an amazingly cute belly that you can't even tell is pregnant from the front! Lucky!