Tuesday, November 14, 2017

today's summary

As of today, Ruby's oncologist still thinks it is worth giving Ipi/Nivo a try (do the combo with Nivo at a higher dose than the Ipi and do it for 12 weeks) and wants to start it in the next couple weeks while we are waiting for more info from St.Jude. 
Nivolumab, brand name Opdivo, is what she's been on since January
Ipilumimab, brand name Yervoy, is what would be added

It was a good conversation, but also hard. I cried. Its a reality check. I just want to find something that will help.

Starting the immunotherapy combo would mean we'd want to do a full body PET and neck/brain MRI to get a good starting point. I have heard most people having side effects of Ipilumimab, and this is what makes Mark and I hesitate. I wonder if we could just have a little more time and start it after Christmas. But at the same time I don't want to chance it spreading in the meantime.

Once again, I need to get to bed. Sleep always helps.


1 comment:

Leslie said...

An emotional roller coaster! You are strong! I think about you every day.