Sunday, August 14, 2016

20 weeks pregnant, one month until Siri turns 8

I look at Instagram a lot, too much. Something I'll get better at. Less screen time is good for us all! (...as I write on the computer to update this blog...) So I was feeling like everyone was having fun outside, but not me. I didn't feel less than or anything because of it, more the opposite, like get your buns out of the house and out there in nature!  So, we've done more of that this past week :)

Went to Seven Peaks with the Miracle Mascot Foundation and Millie's Princess Foundation. 
The girls loved it. I felt like I was having fun because they were having fun, but was working hard to tolerate the grossness of it. 

Oh bless Siri's teeth. We've been to a few orthodontists to get opinions. Her teeth are so crowded. She has to get 2 baby teeth pulled and a cavity filled this week. Braces won't be for a while, but there may be help she needs before then.

Went boating with Mark's brother. Ruby's first time behind a boat!  I was a wimp and didn't even get it, but it was so nice to be out on the lake and see the kids so excited.  A sleepover somehow came up, and Aunt B, the loving aunt that she is, had all 3 girls over. They didn't want to come home :)


And Siri's first piano lesson! I have yet to get a piano or keyboard, trying to figure that out, but wanted to start lessons. Her teacher lives around the corner from us and is enthusiastic about Siri learning. I hope this is something Siri will stick with for a long time. I took piano for a bit when I was young, but refused to practice and quit. I regret it!

Lucky Siri gets all the new, and nice, hand-me-downs.
Scootering didn't keep her from wearing those heels.
She turns 8 one month from today!

Trying to eat healthy takes as much reminding, remembering, and effort as anything else in life like exercise or spirituality. I want to feed Ruby, and the rest of our family, as best I can. Generally this means less refined carbs, sugar and hot dogs, and more vegetables and fruit. Thank you for helping and supporting me in this!

This saucy guy and I got a night away at Snowbird. As we hiked to the top of the tram, we talked about his work, books we're reading. I loved it-being with Mark, talking, all while being in such a beautiful place. While we were on the ridge, I was thinking....I wonder if Ruby will be alive next year at this time?....I couldn't hike anymore. I had to stop, cry on Mark's shoulder literally, and take a few to catch my breath. He lovingly and confidently said "She will be always be with us. She is ours forever".  We started again and talked about our favorite things about her. The way she comes into our room in the mornings and snuggles by me. (Usually) waiting patiently as I read my scriptures.  The way she sings with so much gusto. Her love for the water. 
This is the 3rd summer we've swapped Liz and Dan. They watch the girls, then they take a turn and we watch Sam. This time we got to stay at the Cliff and have a fancy dinner thanks to the wedding coordinator Mark knows up there. Thank you Christena!

The kids dancing while we were away

the ridge up to the Tram

Breakfast at The Atrium

Mr Moose as we were pulling out of the parking lot

Friday afternoon I took the girls up to my Mom and John's to play and sleepover. Mark stayed home to work.  Typically when we go to my moms in Marion (near Kamas) we go for a few hours for family dinner and then go home. The girls loved talking to Papa John, and playing trains. Siri practiced the piano a lot and I stayed up too late watching the Olympics. Such a peaceful place and beautiful to wake up there all nice and cool and country.

Yesterday we went up to the Fetzer cabin for the day




\
another from our hike to Cecret lake. Lately these girls have been such giggly spazzes.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Ali: I have a elect. piano you are welome to use as long as you would like to. contact me - susan corrigan

Tyler and Emily said...

Ha! The grossness of Seven Peaks...we went last week too! Love seeing what you guys are up to.