Sunday, May 8, 2016

I like to road bike. I don't do it as often the past few years, partially because of laziness, other exercise that's more convenient or efficient, and I'm afraid of getting hit by a car. But around December my ankle was still hurting off and on from a sprain and I was having more spasms in my lower back (both have gone away for now thankfully). So when my sister in law, Sheri, asked me if I wanted to enter the lottery for the Little Red bike race I said yes. I've never done a bike race, and thought this would be easy on my body and motivating. We got in and are entered to do 100 miles! Farthest I've gone at once is 75. I'm excited for the challenge and to spend time with her and other lady bikers. Crossing fingers for nice weather June 4th! I have been going to spin class but have only ridden outside twice so far this year. The weather just won't cooperate on Saturdays :)  I woke up Saturday morning and the road was dry so I went out for a ride from 7-9am. I didn't dress warm enough so I rode slower than normal and had to stop once in a while to get my toes and fingers warm, but I'm glad I went out.

While I was riding I listened to a few podcast episodes from Power of Moms. I heard about it through my friend, and Mark's cousin, Erin. They can be a little cheesy, but if you listen give them a chance. One of them talked about all those moms out there who are carrying personal burdens, theirs or someone else's, but put on a brave face. Some things you just don't put in instagram, or even tell anyone but your journal. We may feel alone, but remember that all those other people out there...they have a hard thing going on right now and probably feel the same way you do.

Happy Mothers Day
Easter 2016

Rubys birth day

Gifts the girls made at church today

I think knowing what other people are going through is partly what makes it hard to accept help. I'm sorry, I just feel dumb sometimes. Yesterday morning Liz, Ruby, and I went to part of Jane's soccer game (which she was a star at, love her), and went to the last part of a High Fitness workout my friend Abi and others did for Ruby. I didn't want to go in, I hesitated. Glad I finally got my butt in there. Just as we went in Ruby reminded me she put her shorts in my purse and wanted to change. I took her in the hall and she took off her sweats and into 'workout shorts'. I love that she wanted to be working out too. Wow. The combo of crying, sweating, and seeing Ruby doing the workout too...I'm glad the music was loud because I was bawling. It was her fav "Fight Song".  I look down and see her punching and following along. I cried because of the people who were there for her, and me, and my family. Because she's fighting and doesn't even know it. Because I'm sad it may take her. Because I'm overjoyed that she is totally normal and no side effects so far. Because I love her so much.  I know of some of the hard things that have happened to some of those women, and current things I don't know about. I'm grateful that Ruby could bring us together. Those who came please know that I love and appreciate you and know you are loved and you can get through your hard things right now.



Earlier this week Heather Simonsen from KSL came to our house to do an interview with Ruby and I. A friend of ours contacted KSL seeing if they'd want to share Ruby's story. We hesitated at first...I kind of felt like this isn't a big deal compared to a lot of peoples stories, or that I don't want to be on camera, what will people think of me? But after Mark and I talked about it, we hope that this can be uplifting and bright spot on the news. I have no idea how it will be presented....they filmed a lot of Ruby and I just playing which I loved. The few questions I answered I felt like I was so jumbled in my words-distracted by background noise and Ruby. I didn't say everything I wanted to say, but I'm hoping my part will be a snippet as they went to the hospital to interview Dr.Holly too.  It's not official yet, but pencil in June 11 on your calendars as we may be doing a fun event for Ruby. As we get more details or if the date changes I'll let you know. After the High Fitness get together yesterday it got me excited...my favorite is just being together and seeing people that we know and love. I love that Ruby's health issues have helped us to get to know people more easily and more deeply.

Again, I feel like we are being blessed beyond what we can hold. The love and help are overflowing!

Took Siri to the park for lunch one day, her friends were happy to see her when I dropped her off :)

Heading to Siri's soccer game

Snoozin!

Went on a lil jaunt in the woods off the quarry trail



Loving the rain, especially since our sprinklers are broken :) Looking forward to sun too this week which always makes the girls soccer more enjoyable. Ruby will get her 3rd dose (dose 1 of cycle 2) on Tuesday.

No comments: