Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Slumber party and myself

First, its 6am and I've already been awake for a few hours. Ruby has been up in the wee hours and I couldn't get back to sleep. She rarely wakes up in the night (usually sleeps 11-12 hrs at night) and I'm grateful this doesn't happen often.

Next, let's talk about me, but just for a second. Most moms have the goal to get back to pre-baby weight. My goal was to get there by November, but my sis Liz has been an example of how I could try to eat better and be stronger. By changing how I eat, I've been able to get back to prebaby weight this week!  I was a little shocked when I looked at the scale because I lost over a pound last week, reaching my goal.  I think that by changing my habits (eating less refined food and sugar, getting carbs from vegetables and fruit instead of bread, pasta, etc...eating like anyone normally should:) I will probably loose even more of my extra flab. I'm not worried about the scale, its just a good way to measure a goal. My clothes feel better which is the biggest reward.

And now onto pictures...last weekend we went to the cabin. We had originally thought to go to St.George, but the drive and heat deterred us. We drove up Friday to Kamas to stop for dinner and realized we left the key to the rocket box at home (we had all our bags, pack n play stored in there on top of the car). We decided to stop at my Mom and John's while Mark went back to get the key. It was almost Ruby's bed time when he got back so we slept over at Grandma's. After Ruby was in bed we took Sir and Jane to Hi-Mountain Drug for ice cream. We went up to the cabin Saturday morning and had a great time. The girls threw lots of rocks, they rode bikes, ate yummy food, and gazed at the stars (they were amazing!).  The girls always sleep in their own beds, and Jane has always been in a crib, so it was fun to put all the pads on the floor and sleep all together. Jane did great sleeping 'like a big girl'.
my mom and John's beautiful house in the country





this old school popper makes AMAZING popcorn



The water to the left comes from natural springs, a little ways ahead on the trail you walk around a beautiful lake




nomnomnomnom


she zonked in the backpack and stayed asleep when we laid her down

No comments: