Despite having to get up at 6am yesterday, she was singing on the way to the hospital. Mark took her since I have been feeling bleh (cold, sore throat) the last couple days. I freaking love that guy. I think he was more nervous than Siri was. Primary Childrens Hospital was so good with her. She happily came home with a doll, blanket, and new sippy. I hope we don't have to spend much time (ideally none) there when babygirl arrives, but its made me feel well taken care of that we'll be there when she's born.
We've watched a few movies, but she went to cousin Leah's soccer game today and has been dancing around (with popsicle in hand). She has to take amoxicillin and hydrocodone. The only times she has cried is when she has to take her 'yucky' (hydrocodone) medicine. She had a breakthrough today and on her own, without complaint, took her last dose for the day. She now calls it the 'strawberry' or 'cherry' medicine. She was proud of herself when I told her how proud I was of her. "I'm happy mom, just like Poky Little Puppy. Happy as a lark". I hear days 4-7ish get worse, so we'll keep our fingers crossed that the ice cream, popsicles, and go-gurts keep her happy.
The other hardest part has been for Jane. She wants to eat everything Siri has. She definitely gets to have a share in the treats, but not as much as her big sis. Jane has really been into building blocks, books, and doing puzzles lately. I had wondered if she was just a crazy goof. Glad she's proven me wrong :) She is very good at ignoring me when I say 'no', and is also talented at sneaking to anyone's diaper bag to scavenge for gum or 'nacks'. As soon as Siri is recovered we're going to move Jane into Siri's room and pray they get along, aka sleep. Because next...


We have renters moving into our basement in a few weeks, so the pressure is on to get it done! And a few weeks after that (still praying she stays safe and healthy until then) babygirl will come. I'm not excited it has to be via c-section but so glad medicine and technology can try to get her here more easily. When I was pregnant with Jane I thought a lot about life with two kids. I feel like I've been so wrapped up with the house and the girls, and just the immediate state of how baby is doing that I haven't thought too far ahead (minus bracing myself for less sleep). Even if I am having a hard time adjusting to three, I'll count my blessings if I can have babygirl at home with me. And with Spring on the horizon (yes, I'm looking that far ahead. this weather...I can't say enough about how I hate it) things will be good. This lil' baby is getting to be quite famous. She was talked about at a conference this week and has had a few handfuls of the very best doctors in Utah take a look at her in the MRI images.
Now I need to go look at the calender to plan a trip up the canyon to get some vitamin D and clear skies...



No comments:
Post a Comment