I work for Backcountry.com. In case you've never heard of it, check it out now!
As of Thursday, I will have worked there for 3 years! (That's big for me-I've never been at one job for that long). Backcountry.com also owns and operates Dogfunk.com, Tramdock.com, SteepandCheap.com, WhiskeyMilitia.com, and GearEngine.com
Why I love my job:
-I use the product I sell, making my job so much easier and fun.
-I get to work with the best people, including my sister Liz, who have become my friends.
-I get incredible gear discounts, and free gear!
-The company is growing exponetially
-Opportunity to advance is very probable. I became a Phone Supervisor on 9/10/07 and was offered the Phone Manager position yesterday. (I said no, if you want to know more you can ask me).
-The CEO and President are personable and very involved. Although we are owned by Liberty Media, you would never know anything had changed from day one when they started the company in 1996.
-The company party held every October is the best! It's called the Adventure Contest Party. Basically-the more activities you do outside, the more points you can earn. The more points you have, the better your chances are of winning one of the "big prizes".
The party was last Saturday at The Depot downtown. Everyone goes away with something (this year everyone got an Ogio bag, a pair of Skullcandy headphones for themselves and a pair for their guest, a North Face hat for themselves and one for their guest).
This is my fourth party and I finally won a "big prize"! I was one of the latter ones to get picked so there weren't as many options (like the 5 day trip to Jackson Hole), but I did pick up a FREE Thule rack set up, wooohooo! We also walked away with a brand new complete Zoo York skate deck, Mark was very happy.

Before working at Backcountry I don't think I ever realized I could love a job or a company that I work for, but now I do.
4 comments:
i definitely love my job. i would however like to win a thule rack. i'll have to ask the boss.
I love working with you sister. It wouldn't be the same without you here, I hope we always work together!
Very cool! It was my year anniversary there about a week ago!
yay! ali, i am so happy for you...it does make a big difference when you like your job.
Post a Comment