Since Ali was already getting up at 5:45 am to go yoga, I decided that I was going to be productive too and go shred the gnar. So I got ready and headed up Little Cottonwood Canyon and into the windy abyss. I arrived at the base of the Collins lift around 6:30 and began my ascent. There were only a few other souls brave enough to show themselves so I was excited to be alone and relish in the simplicity of my surroundings. I scrambled up the hill until I had found a secluded peak on which I could perch for a few minutes. Evidently my brain was somewhat functional when I woke up because I remembered to bring along my Nikon camera. The sunrise was incredibly picturesque and was one of those things you could sit back and watch for hours. I tried to make the most of it and snapped a few shots before I strapped in. Plugging in some "Sweet Beats" (a CD mix comprised of mostly Enya) I started making my way down. Although it was starting to warm up, I made turn after turn in the soft, white goodness until my leg started to burn. When I got to my car I pulled out my phone: 8:15 - just enough time to get to work.
Here are some of the images from that day and from the day before. Enjoy and get out there and shred the gnar! (our blog header photo is also from that morning)


3 comments:
UGGHHH I got to get out there! Lets for sure hit it up!
you guys are the kind of couple you see in commercials. the kind that you'd see in wedding clothes, but then they'd hike up some remote mountain, strap on some snowboards, and get married on the way down. when i grow up i want to be like you two.
Ha! Thanks Sadie...watch for us on TV someday
Post a Comment