Saturday, September 22, 2007

New Food

I love to make new food! There are classics from my mom and the neighborhood cookbook that are here to stay, but sometimes you just need a new dish. Some people would prefer to go out, which I do- but its hard on the wallet, so I turn to new recipes instead.

They usually turn out delicious...and then there are times when you know you need to throw that recipe away. I usually look through Real Simple for new recipes, Epicurious.com, Cooking Light magazine, or FoodNetwork.com...and if it has a good picture-that is what will motivate me to make it. Here are a few things I've made recently that I've really liked:
spinach frittata
barley risotto with asparagus and parmesan
chicken piccata &
lemon risotto

another fav I made, but can't remember where it is from is for a mango shake (I'd like to consider it a mango smoothie since that sounds better when eating it for breakfast)
1 mango
1 peach or banana (my personal addition)
1 cup soy milk
1 cup ice
1 cup vanilla ice cream
YUM!


...and right now I have the Lionhouse classics Chocolate Cheesecake baking in the oven for my sis Liz's birthday tomorrow!...I'll let you know if that one is a keep or not. And please share if you have any good recipes you've made and loved lately!

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Good girl on trying new recipes. I love to do that. I am always looking through cookbooks and online for new and exciting recipes. Cooking is one of my favorite things to do. I am definitely going to try some of yours, and I will e-mail you some good ones that I have found lately. I have found some really good recipes lately on this website: http://eatbetteramerica.com/. Check it out and let me know what you think. Miss you!

liz said...

mmmmm. mango shakes. i had one of those everyday in the philippines. tastes like heaven.

ps. ali you are welcome to come cook for me anytime. hehe.

Dan and Liz said...

The Chocolate Cheesecake was oh so yummy!

Thanks so much sister!

Ali T said...

Thanks for that site shell, its awesome!...as I said, I'm a sucker for the pictures, so I'll probably try the triple berry granola crisp...mmm...crisp...