Today has been a usual day-full and busy and fun and really hard. I also feel like it should have been more special, like a holiday. Ruby is getting her port out tomorrow. This is a really big deal for me, and for her, but not likely for anyone else. Thus, hard to make a holiday out of it. But that's ok., it shouldn't be such a huge thing for anyone else. You just wish more people could relate I guess.
Tomorrow morning I'll take her to the hospital for this relatively easy surgery and bring her home a few hours later. She'll keep taking her oral pill daily and hospital visits every 4 weeks. Not a lot will change. For me, it will be one less thing to remind us of cancer, one less worry when she gets a fever we won't have to get to the ER. Ruby doesn't remember ever not having a port. Now she won't have to worry about bumping it, or explaining to anyone who may notice what that thing is under her skin.
We're going to be done with homeschool in just a couple weeks. I plan to keep their brains exercised through the summer, but nothing rigorous or formal. Loving this spring time and watching the girls play soccer. I'm trying to keep up with my own life but always have intentions of slowing down, improving without adding anything, and being more present. Easier said than done, but its about the process not the end result right?
Royals soccer game
visited Kennecott
Lisa Falls
You Tube hair do (no she didn't get bangs cut)
Easter
Siri visits this bunny at the neighbors almost every.day.
playing soccer with my mom neighbor friends makes me happy.
I just need to do it more than once every 5 years.
Thack family dinner
mini donut making lady
Bob Ross art class with my friend Mel, so fun!
visited Antelope Island
Annie was very insistent on holding hands at the dentist
I had a birthday
Dana Point vacation with friends
St.George
reptiles at the library
Happy Birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment