Wednesday, November 30, 2016

the finale

The last part of this pregnancy was hard. It was very physically and mentally trying. I was worried for my life and the baby's. I was so relieved, felt comfort and peace last week as we got ready to deliver her.  Everything went well. I got to hold her skin to skin while they stitched me up. It took a while longer because my uterus had started to tear, and had some bleeding. They also removed a cyst. Translation: If we would have waited longer, there is a chance my uterus could have ruptured, could have been catastrophic.  So not surprising, this is my last baby. I'm soaking it all in.



I am so thankful we are both ok. I'm thankful for Steve and the doctor that he is. I'm thankful that I got to have Annie close to me the first few days. I'm also really thankful she went to the NICU. I was nervous to bring her home. The nurses there were amazing. She started to thrive and pick up on the whole suck/swallow/breathe thing :)  She's home on oxygen and has an oximeter to track her oxygen level and heart rate. THANK YOU thank you THANK YOU all you beautiful people who are helping make this time easier for us. I'd come caroling to your house to deliver a Christmasgram if I could.  

If you need me, we'll be hibernating until spring :)

my FAV pic!  In her dad's arms




No comments: