Sunday, May 25, 2014

9 years, a road trip, and charts

9 years and loving it. Happy Anniversary to us! Do you ever wonder how it is possible that you found the exact right perfect match for you? There are so many people on this earth that I thank Heavenly Father often for planting Mark and I where he did. I'm in love with him and the family we've made.
We know we love each other, and are in love, but sometimes its hard to take time to just be in love. So we left the girls (first time leaving all 3-thank you Jenn Liz Mom!) and took a road trip to Jackson and Yellowstone. We talked and hiked and ate and drove and talked and swam and took a ton of pictures and were just with each other. It was a really perfect trip.

stopped at the Spiral Jetty and Idaho Falls temple on the way



taking in the wafting curry. mmm...curry

Jackson lake

hiking around Jenny lake


best onion rings we've had-Liberty burger

morning face bike ride along the elk refuge

Lewis falls in Yellowstone



We stayed at the Old Faithful Inn. 
This is waiting on the deck to wait for the geyser to erupt.

Hi Mrs.Bison and baby Bison

Sometimes we needed a break


Lots of trails were closed for bears. 
A black bear moseyed across the road in front of us and we also saw a big grizzly from afar.

Dear baker at Persephone bakery in Jackson, 
that was genius to pair strawberry and basil together in this pastry.

Planting the garden

Proud of this one!  She is already missing school. 
Looking forward to new adventures as she starts Kindergarten in the fall.

Lunch date at the park

I am blessed to have a neighbor who leaves things like this for me on the fence.
Lettuces and herbs!

She wanted to nap outside. 
I didn't think she'd actually fall asleep since I was right next to her mowing the lawn!  Her dentist is strongly encouraging Jane and us parents to help her quit sucking her fingers. She has to fill up 3 charts and she can go back to the dentist for a prize. I've also offered her rewards and so far she's doing great! It would be so hard to have your comfort right there and not use it. Proud of her. Siri wanted to earn a prize too so she's filling up a chart for making her bed everyday. We are new to chore charts, I've meant to start them many times before this, but I'm glad they are excited about it. If you have any awesome chore charts or methods you've used please share!




No comments: