I took Ruby to the pediatrician for her 6 month checkup last week. Either from the office or from Jane, she got a terrible cold. She's woken up with such a yucky cough the last 2 days. She sure is full of smiles though. Love her. 14lb 8oz (20%) and 25.6" (42%). Weight wise she has been around 20% the last few months, but height wise she's moving up. Dr. said she's doing awesome and is proud of her development and how good the mass is looking each time he sees her. Miracles people. Miracles.
Headed to the cabin for Labor Day. Perfect weather. Too short of a trip, but glad we went.
I never thought I'd be the mom who lets their kid go to the park in pajamas and nasty hair on a Sunday afternoon. Well what do you know...
I'm still keeping track of my weight (more of a side note as to how I'm eating, not to reach a specific goal). I gained a few pounds last week-hello cupcake/pie contest-which snowballs into eating more and more sugar. To help make better eating easier, I got out the food processor and did some veggies for the next few days.
The Fall Harvest party Mark and I were heading up was so fun! It was pouring rain Saturday night, but we made the best of it. We expected around 200+ and had maybe 100 attend. Mark was gone shooting a wedding in Maryland, so Liz and Sandy helped me with the kids. We have our fair share of crazies in the neighborhood, but I love where we live.
For much of the party I was standing on a table reading off ticket numbers for a raffle. So today at the park Siri and Jane were pretending to do the same :)
I had a coupon and gift card to ColdStone that was haunting my purse, so we finally went to use it. Siri is turning 5 on Saturday so we are doing a fun birthday thing each day this week. She choose blue cotton candy ice cream with oreos. Tonight Mark went to play indoor soccer so me and the girls played in the yard, picked tomatoes, laid out a blanket and watched the sunset, and played tickle torture. I need to do that more often with them. They are the most beautiful things I've ever seen/had/loved. Sometimes I can't believe I'm in charge of them.
Siri struggled the first day of me dropping her off at preschool, but it wore off quickly and she's always a chatterbox now when I pick her up.
Siri struggled the first day of me dropping her off at preschool, but it wore off quickly and she's always a chatterbox now when I pick her up.
Right now I want to:
have a big freezer in my garage so I can do more with all the abundant produce ripening right now
go on a trip away with Mark somewhere
go to bed earlier...ok I can do something about that one right now. g'night.
No comments:
Post a Comment