I am proud to stay that I had my first round at canning. Who knew that could be so fulfilling? We had a ton of grapes so I did grape juice (and we still have more grapes). I was relieved and proud that all 8 cans sealed and nothing broke or cracked in the process.
I currently have tomato basil soup simmering down on the stove. I'll puree it and then can that tomorrow. I've got a bag of apples to peel and cut and I'll make that into apple pie filling and can that too (I hope I can keep up the motivation I have right now, I think that is part of my reason for posting).
We also made a red pepper pesto this week from the peppers in our garden. We froze a few tupperwares so we can enjoy it later on.
I'm going to borrow my sis's food processor and make salsa out of our tomatoes, jalapenos, and onions we've grown. Having a baby due in January is also adding motivation. All this canned and stored yummyness will be very handy in a few months.
Today I went to a big parking lot baby/kid garage sale and got ski boots for Siri, a fleece jacket, a potty training seat, a pair of newborn pj's, 2 shirts, newborn hat, 3 onesies, and 3 swaddling blankets for $29. I'm pretty excited about it. Mark also biked today in his foxy new bike attire (his first time owning spandex that's not in speedo form). He'll have to post some pics.
We went to the Oktoberfest with LizDanSam and Em&Jess. I have grown to love sitting and listening to the german music they play. And its always nice to be up the canyon. Then we hiked a little way up the Red Pine Trailhead. It was a good day.
{today I also worried about what I'm going to do with a newborn and where we're going to live in a year, when my aunt gets back, and how things will be when Mark is training like crazy...but I'd prefer to post about the good things and the worries pale in comparison anyway}
And another good tidbit: Siri's birthday was radical!
She weighs 26.8lb (53%), 18.6in noggin' (45%), and is 34.5in tall (69%).
She got 3 or 4 shots (even I couldn't stand to watch...needles make me shutter). She did really well. Had a gap in breath/speech so she could get her wail out and then was fine after she got the purple sucker.
We went to the zoo in the morning, had lunch with grandpa Mike, swimming w LizSam then party with more friends and family! She got a new orange bike that she lu hu huvs. She doesn't really get the whole push with your feet thing, but she'll catch on. Her Aunt Zaza and Uncle Bill gave her a stuffed Pooh bear that she carries around constantly and sleeps with now (so much for her faithful sidekick Leo the Lion who has slept with her since birth). And the doll accessories from JennKate have been another hit. Mark has pics from that lovely evening on his camera.
1 comment:
Hey Ali- don't you have an awesome apple crisp (or apple Betty) recipe? That sounds so good right now. I don't want the recipe, I want you to come bake it for me. Just kiddin'. Kind of.
Post a Comment