Tuesday, December 1, 2009

.Ode to a Snu.

Okay, so it's been several months now since I have actually posted something of my own (thanks Ali for keeping this thing going) and I also read/heard somewhere that blogging is "cheaper than therapy" so here goes. (But I was kind of hoping to lie on the couch instead of here at the table...)

Short and sweet version: Siri saved the day.

Long-winded, verbose, possibly therapeutic version:

I was kind of having an off day - you know, one of those days where you simply are there, you simply exist - and so I wasn't feeling too high on myself. Top that with a sub-par personal performance and another week without a "W" in our b-ball rec league and the day was looking rather bleak. After the game, Ali went to watch the Biggest Loser with her sister, Liz, and so it was just me and the Nu (one of Siri's innumerable nicknames, which never make any sense but are sure fun to say). After we cleaned up a bit and got everything ready for bedtime, I started reading some books to her. We had to of read about six books (or maybe two books three times) when, out of nowhere, Siri turns around to face me, pulls out her bink, leans into me and gives me a kiss. Twice. It was one of the sweetest things she has ever done and it completely changed the entire day around. So cool.

There have been other times when Siri will do something for me because she knows or, at least can sense, that something is amiss with me and she wants to help. I couldn't believe how insightful this experience was. It's definitely times like this that reaffirm the eternal love of our Creator and demonstrates how close He really is to each of us every day.

So here is a tribute to the Nu. Thanks for taking care of me.

1 comment:

Dan and Liz said...

what a cool moment for you mark! good thing we were busy dipping and watching the BL... :)