Thursday, October 10, 2019

Autmn and chilly

This morning was a stay-home-and-make-myself-get-things-done morning. Annie and I are often out the door somewhere in the morning, but today we stuck around. And really, I didn't want to go anywhere or do anything. Changed light bulbs, getting things in and out of storage, and took time for a walk around the block. Annie kept begging to go to brother Dallon's house. Frank Dallon is in his late 80's, and lives around the corner from us. To Annie, brother Dallon=dum dum sucker :)  So, we went. Delicious came wafting out his front door, so we went it and had a few bites with him while he chatted and ate his breakfast. I write about this to remind myself how much I love spending time with older people and hearing about other peoples lives, their stories.

It's sunny and chilly today and I'm thankful we've had a good bout of fall weather. The past two to three days I've had immense gratitude for my life and health. A neighbor and her 2 boys were hit by a car, an old friend and co-worker facing invasive cancer for the second time with a wife and 3 little girls. Another family friend, father of 4, diagnosed. Awareness of war and reality of refugees. And also struggles right here in my own immediate home. Its a balance between focus here as a mom, and looking out across the street and across the globe to find where I fit in and how I can help. Sometimes we need to narrow our focus to what's in front of us. Sometimes better to get out and about.

Saigon with Mark, a fav place we like to go out to together

Annie put me down for a "naptime"

Filming day with reps from Roche. 
Great to share our life, home and story (but tiring too!)



Allll the cabin fun this summer. We went every chance we got!

That one time Siri got sick, and then sicker, and didn't do anything for 3 days straight.
Pneumonia.

But she got better in time for her birthday!

Jane loooves to play!

this is often where you'll find Siri

Our visit to San Fran to speak at the Genentech conference 
and a quick day with Aunt Jenn!




Annie's new BFFs from the neighborhood

Hospital dayzzzz are usually long, lots of crafts and drawing.
PET/CT coming up Oct 16th

We like CoreLife too. And then I go home and bake a treat ;)

Happy Birthday Liz!

Our hosting of the 3rd annual Tortellini (the name of our street) pie night!
...there were about twice as many pies as pictured nom nom nom

yard work. then more yard work.

hike to Bells

Stonehaven Dental (where Mark works, and the dentists we see) do a free movie night every 6 months. The girls loved the show. 

Student of the month!

I love getting cavities filled!-said no one ever

You know when you just feel depressed, on the verge of crying, and don't want to do anything, blah.
This trip to the Quarry trail helped me get my head out of a funk and it worked.

Jenn Kate came with other Cali friends for General Conference!

Hi girls. I love you.

Love family dinners at Grandma's

Got to visit my friend in town and these 3 kiddos could have 
sat with this puppy at Wheeler Farm alllll day.

Lessons from Brother Dallon


Siri makes stuff like this just for fun. I love her brain.

No comments: