Monday, March 23, 2015

meek maow

Meek Maow translates to Mickey Mouse in Ruby language.

Update on the lady: She had an MRI last Monday of her c spine and brain. We went to the Riverton location and my eyes were opened. If I ever have a chance to have an appointment or procedure there, I'll do it. It was so quiet and calm. All the rooms are bigger and the cafeteria food is better :)  Minus the part where Ruby woke up after they gave her contrast and she had to have a few more doses of sedation, it went really well.  They also drew blood so that if/when insurance approves genetic testing, we'll be able to see if she's missing the P16 gene or not. Otherwise, everything looks good! So thankful to have her, and to have her be healthy. Ohhh she melts my heart.
That afternoon we went to see dermatologist Dr. Vanderhooft. She had seen Ruby once as a baby, but not since. She said we could come back another time for a biopsy, or do it right then. After being up early for the MRI that morning and spending so much time driving,  I did not want to make yet another appt. Little did I know how ugly it would be for Ruby. Although better to just get it over with. They used a needle to numb 2 spots on her neck and then punched out 2 holes and did a couple stitches. Ruby was very very scared and sad. On the bright side, she is the most amazing patient. I'm so glad I get to take care of her during this time as a toddler. An adult certainly wouldn't be so easily appeased by a dum dum sucker.

Today she got the stitches out and Wednesday is an appointment with a Dr.Grossman up at Huntsman. He specializes in melanoma and I think our meeting is more for information and interest sake at this point.








Instead of getting a loan for a second car, we decided a water heater was a more vital investment. Our water heater was 21 years old and I had grown to cross my fingers every day that it wouldn't explode! We got a softener and a tankless water heater. I'm surprised I didn't take a picture of it to post on here to show off where our funds are going! It took them 10 hours to get all the work done, and they have to come back to repair all the drywall holes that were made to connect everything.

In more exciting news, Jenn and her family were finally able to buy a house! They've only been renting since the beginning of January, but the market is insane in Palo Alto. Your chances of being outbid are very high, so I'm thankful they were able to snatch a house and will start settling more when they move next month.



I took Siri and Jane skiing last Friday with Grandma Carol, Aunt Sheri, Aunt Liz, and lots o cousins. Jane hasn't been all season, and it takes a lot of patience to teach your own kids. I was thankful Siri could hold her own and didn't need me. It was fun to be up there with so many of us! It is scary bare up there, pray for rain or snow or any kind of wetness.





 For Pi day we got to go to an awesome Pie Party at some friends we got to know when we lived in Draper. I loved living there and am so thankful for those friendships. Oh, and the pie was awesome.




Never did I realize you could make an egg salad with tons of vegetables in it. d.lish.

hey cool girl

birthday fun!

My sweet mama took me to dinner on my birthday






No comments: