Saturday, March 1, 2014

It's her day people

Happy FIRST birthday to our darlin' Ruby!

Last night I took a moment to reminisce on this post and this post
Her mass seems to be shrinking, but technically we aren't sure. She will have another MRI in June and we'll see. Surgery wouldn't be for another year or two anyway. Her cardiologist said there is a good chance she has grown out of her SVT, but it could come back. If not, we'll go see him again in 2 years. When I sit and really think about a year ago, I am so very humbled and grateful. There are many things I am thankful for, but specifically I want to shout out gratitude for all of you amazing family, friends, neighbors, and hospital staff and nurses for what you did for our family and Ruby. The entire situation could have been so different, so much harder. Although that C section was bru.tal. Dinners, oh the dinners and food we needed and enjoyed. To not worry about grocery shopping and meals for a while was beyond kind. Staff we knew at the U and Primarys to help us feel more comforted and cared for. Babysitting Siri and Jane so I could go spend time at the hospital. A mystery Easter bunny. Care packages. Prayers. Thoughts. I love my family. I absolutely love Ruby and am over joyed at her progress and how well she is doing.

First birthdays...
mean walking (Ruby will catch on in a few months I'm sure)
teething (unless your name is Ruby and you have no teeth yet)
getting rid of bottles, at least at our house (but I'm not going to because I feel like she still needs formula because she has no teeth to really chew her food!)
She's growing up though. Babbling and getting all attached to my hip. Being silly and loving to play in front of a mirror, flipping through books. I couldn't tell you a favorite food because she eats pretty much anything in front of her-eggs, coconut milk, chocolate, green smoothies, grapes, guac, bread, strawberries. She loves me to hold her while I brush my teeth and brush her gums. She's very ticklish. She likes to play peek a boo over the couch and lift-up-the-toilet-lid and slosh-my-hand-around before mom finds me. I don't really like it when she plays that game. She sleeps 7pm-7am and takes 2 naps. 19lb. She loves to be in the Bjorn outside.

We love you Ruby, Rubes, Tubey, Tube squeeze!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh that was an awesome post!