Monday, December 13, 2010

Ironman Update

So it's been 4 months of training and so far so good........i think.

Two weeks ago, I went down to St. George with Cody, Andy, Adam and their wives to go ride the bike portion and do some of the run course as well. Friday we went and rode from the first transition at San Hollow through the first loop and back to the house, which put us around 75 miles and took us about 4.5 hours. (The actual race course contains a second loop and then back to the Tabernacle for the second transition). I had never ridden that far (or that long) and my neck was killing me. I was definitely tired but not as beat as I thought I might be.

The next day we ran half of the run course (13 miles) and that was tough. The first 10 miles actually felt pretty good but the last 3 were brutal. My muscles started to tighten up and I just felt sluggish. Definitely have some serious work to do.

But it was super nice to get down there and experience the course, not to mention go workout in some nice weather. I have to say I feel pretty good about where I am at as far as training goes, but also pretty stoked that I still have 5 months to become stronger! I am certainly going to need it.

Ali has been so so good with me and my crazy training schedule - so lucky to have such a stellar wife like her. (and to think that she is 8 months prego and still is so good to me)

So anyone who wants to come down for the Ironman race this May (May 7th) it's going to be a PAR-TAY. You can come and watch me fall flat on my face (more than once I am sure) and watch all the rest of the stupids trying to finish this crazy race.

1 comment:

Dan and Liz said...

You are AAAAmazing. Hopefully you know that. I cannot wait to see you finish!