Today I shared a few thoughts regarding physical goals as one of 4 areas of goal making our church has asked us, specifically the youth (ages 8-18), to participate in.
I loved having the thoughts and purpose, the why of physical goals, floating around my mind as I went about this past week. I haven't yet made any solid new goals for 2020, but I'd like to. The words that stuck out to me during our church meeting most was when someone said to ask. Ask God "What am I lacking?" to help us guide our goals. Then he followed with, "If you don't get any answers, just ask your wife. She'll be able to tell you". It was so funny. But really, the advice of asking is what I feel like I need. There is SO. MUCH. INFORMATION. in the world. There is no end to the ways I want to change and improve, especially how to go about it, and that can be overwhelming. So to ask, and think about, what I want to do next.
Here were a few of my favorite gospel related quotes I came across as I studied this week.
We are most commonly attacked by doubt, fear, indecision, hesitancy, etc first with our thoughts. How important it is for us to be the boss of our thoughts! I often, and easily, get switched over to auto pilot in all things. I'm so thankful for what I've learned thus far, and what I will learn, about changing myself and reaching goals. I have words, goals, quotes...directions to my brain, hung around the house and in my room. I need all the reminders I can get!
I have also been reading through my older journals. A few pages stuck out to me from 3 years ago. Annie was just a couple weeks old, on oxygen. I was recovering from a c-section. Ruby was sick (throwing up and fever). The washer was broken. Mark was out of town. The minute he came back I handed him a bottle and I took Ruby to the ER (because you do that when you fever and have a port). I was worried about this being our last Christmas all together...anyway you get the gist. I was exhausted, in all regards of life. I am SO thankful for all of you who were able to help us. I couldn't do everything and I will always be grateful for you. Taking care of the girls, cleaning our house, bringing meals. I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment