Thursday, September 14, 2017

best worst sick day and a birthday

102.9 fevers yesterday. It broke last night so I'm feeling better now. Yesterday, was hard. Yesterday was also awesome. When I started feeling sick Tuesday, my neighbor, who I haven't talked to in a few weeks, called to see if Ruby could come play. Yes, please and thank you! So helpful. There could be no more literal way that my prayers could have been answered. God is aware of us and we are each others angels! It sounds so cheesy and non tactile, like fluffy feelings or something but its real.

Yesterday we saw another neighbor who offered to have Ruby so I could rest while Annie took her morning nap. As I was offered help, it made it easier for me to ask for help. I hesitated and actually cried because I was embarrassed, but I know I needed help. And my dear Liz crashed on her mountain bike yesterday and got a concussion so we were both useless :)

I asked Mark to not go to Young Men's last night. He made dinner (Swedish pancakes for Siri's birthday eve) and took Annie with him (she was being a screaming boss baby) to Ruby's soccer practice. Jane got a ride to soccer practice, 2 neighbor friends came to help clean (I knew I needed help when the floor was so dirty Annie was choking on stuff but I didn't even have the energy to vacuum), and another friend came to help decorate for Siri's birthday after the kids were asleep. I tried to spread the word its Siri's birthday today to help her feel special. 

Once again, the hardest times also bring out the best and help me to be grateful.

Today our dear Siri celebrates another birthday. I am thankful to get to be her mama!





I love when Mark writes poems, he has such talent and love

No comments: