Sunday, March 20, 2016

Dis is mah fi soooohng

Through the day, almost every day lately, Ruby will randomly sing the chorus of this song


Seems fitting that she'd sing this, even though she doesn't know what is going on.  Love mah beans. Right now we are in waiting mode. And while we wait, innocence is bliss. Her oncologist thinks she may have metastasized melanoma...meaning stage 4 bad news bears cancer. But, she may not.  A miracle may happen. Or not. But for now, we wait for the pathology to be done on the biopsy and hope to hear news sometime this week. They are also doing genetic testing as that will help provide other answers too.

Yesterday was a great mellow day. Hanging out at home, visiting with neighbors, errands, library, the park. Grateful for dinner from a neighbor. Mark and I are still so tired, trying recoup sleep.  When we got home from the hospital, the driveway was lined with posters, cheering Ruby on. They are all in the shape of jelly beans, since Mark's nickname for Ruby is "Beans". Our neighbors all got together Friday, wrote cards, took pictures, and then they made it into a book. I was in tears! This neighborhood, they know how to rally and I can't tell you how grateful I am that we live where we do!



Tired me + warm library=dozing off. I told the girls and Mark we had to leave or I'd need to nap on the floor. We went to the park where I laid on a blanket while they played :)

Ruby's cheerful room. Put the changing pad away (yay for no diapers!)

watching promised Doc McStuffins show after we gave Ruby a bath and changed her incision bandage. I am glad that's over, it was very much not my favorite part of today.

Mark's parents have been out of town, so we were glad to see them today! They watched the girls while we went to the noon session of the Provo Temple dedication. I was happy to have my cousin Emily and her husband Jesse see us looking for a seat. Great to sit by them and be with people we love and miss seeing more often. While we were in the session there are a few things I thought of...I'm thankful that Ruby's roller coaster of health is our thing. And that ours isn't that of one of the speakers or anyone else's. His son got brain cancer and became severely disabled, he slowly recovered, but got brain cancer again 22 years later which took his life. I'm telling you, everyone has a thing, and that thing is really hard for them. Heavenly Father knows what we can handle, but we have the agency to choose how we handle it.  I also felt very calm about things. I didn't feel afraid or scared or worried. I want to take the girls to go walk around the temple, to be there. It's a place of hope and peace. Whatever you believe, its the importance and sanctity you, in your mind, put on that things. For us, one of the things is the temple. Anyone can see it as just a building, but it can be more if you want it to be. To have a place where it is so quiet, reverent, and helps you enlarge your perspective is important to me.

  While we were gone, the girls and Grandma and Grandpa went for a walk. Siri was holding Charlie dog's leash and as he darted to chase a bird, Siri was dragged behind! She fell over the wall that goes into a culvert, but was luckily ok! She'll have a good bruise on her hip tomorrow. We picked up Liz since DanSam were on a bike trip and headed to my Mom and Johns. Oh, and was today not just the perfect spring day?!  I wish I would have been outside more. Good to be with family and to eat yummy food :)

I've been able to eat and sleep better the last two days. I don't have knots in my stomach all the time. A friend shared a  part of a talk by an LDS sister with me a few days ago, and I went back and read it all yesterday. 
“As we keep our covenants, we can ask for angels to help us,” she said. “Literally. … I’m not talking praying for fantasy angels with wings to magically fairy-dust our problems away. I’m not talking about praying to angels. I’m talking about praying to your Heavenly Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, for those on the other side to be dispatched to assist you. Perhaps a loved one or two could be sent to help you with whatever you need.”

I have had that in my prayers. And I've always thought of Ruby being able to be comforted by those beyond this earthly life, My testimony and my outlook on life has been shaped by parents and grandparents who have believed in Jesus Christ and a life beyond this one. I realized that there are also living angels right here, today, in our lives. The neighbor that sacrificed her time and means, and more, to bless our family. Having neighbors who I feel I can ask to watch the girls. A sister that has always been my bff and we happen to live a mile from each other. Mark's Uncle's family that came over and gave us a framed painting from his Grandmother's house that they knew I loved. Friday night just after we got home, about 10pm I got a call from Dr.Witt, the girls' pediatrician. He had heard she was in the hospital and was so concerned. He had come to see her, but we had just left. It meant a lot to me that he would call me and ask all about her.


Spot It with Aunt Sheri!

Loving chocolate mint cupcakes at family dinner today!

And because you have to keep things light sometimes...
Below this sign was a play gun that makes fart sounds. 
Thank you Primary's for making kids (and parents) laugh!

No comments: